Snow-Critters WinterScape Yard Photo Contest
Rules & Prizes
Read the following rules, terms and legal conditions below before submitting any photos.
Rules, Terms and Eligibility Conditions
- The Prince Albert Winter Festival Snow-Critters WinterScape Yard Photo Contest is open to all Prince Albert residents over 18 years of age.
- No purchase is needed to submit a photo to enter the Snow-Critters WinterScape Yard Photo Contest.
- Uploading an eligible photo to the Snow-Critters WinterScape Yard Photo Contest automatically deems acceptance of contest terms and conditions.
- A winterscape must be visible from the street, which can include the yard in front of your residence, or the piece of land in front of your school, community hall, park or other group meeting location.
- Prior to building a winterscape on property that is not owned by any member of the team, it is the sole responsibility of team members to request and receive consent from property owners and/or superintendents of the building or property.
- Winterscape locations must be well-maintained and tidy. This includes walkways that are free of snow and ice for the public, with a clear path to the building entrance.
- Your winterscape should include at least one the following: colour, lights, snow, ice, or yard, garden and horticultural features. It must be self-made - no submissions of natural winter landscapes will be accepted.
Online Voting and Awards
All eligible photos may be uploaded to the Prince Albert Winter Festival website beginning December 23rd, 2018. Deadline to upload photos is January 30, 2019.
Photos will become available for public voting January 31st, 2019. One vote per IP address.
Photos will be posted to the Prince Albert Winter Festival website. Anyone can vote for their favourite photo by clicking on it. Voting will remain open for 8 days (January 31, 2019 to February 7th, 2019). The top ten photos in this contest that receive the most “likes” will each win a $50 Humptys gift card courtesy Humptys Prince Albert. All remaining entries will be merged into a draw pool that includes entries from two other contests (Natural Art Scape and Be-Dazzled) Two draws will be made from those entries for a Raider Hockey Weekend Ticket Pack. Winners will be announced on Facebook, and on the website. All entries will be posted on the Prince Albert Winter Festival website and Facebook page.
How To Enter
Register online and upload your photo to the Snow-Critters WinterScape Photo Contest:
Submissions will only be accepted for upload from December 23rd to January 30th 2019.
Photo Format and Content Criteria
- Submissions may originate in JPG or PNG formats.
- Any images submitted must be original and belong to the person submitting the photo, and the photographer has the right to authorize use and publication of the photograph(s). The photographer must declare that the photograph(s) have not been previously published or used by the Prince Albert Winter Festival.
- For privacy and security reasons, please do not include images of people or of pets/domestic animals in your photos. Refer to our FOIP policy.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter, lighting, and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast) will be disqualified.
- Photos are subject to moderation by administration to ensure the content qualifies for the contest category.
Contest photos can be submitted starting at midnight CST, Sunday December 23rd, 2018. Deadline for submitting nominations is 6:00 pm CST, Saturday, February 7th, 2019. Winners will be announced on February 8th, 2019. The Prince Albert Winter Festival Society reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
Prizes for the contest are awarded based the number of votes received from public voting in each category. The remaining entries shall be eligible for draw prizes. The chances of winning are based on the number of photos received in each category and the number of people voting.
All residents who submit an eligible photo will have their photo presented for public online voting. The two photos receiving the most votes in the Be-Dazzled Photo Contest shall be awarded the following prizes.
10 Prizes - $50 Humptys Gift Card
Raider Hockey Prize Draw
All remaining residents who submitted an eligible photo to any of the three running photo contests (Be-Dazzled, Natural Art Scape and Snow-Critters) will be entered into a draw to win one of two Raider Hockey Weekend Family Packs
(Each pack includes: Four tickets (2 Adult, 2 Child), four drinks, and four hot dogs for any Raiders Friday or Saturday game.)
Prize draws will be completed and winners will be contacted by 6:00 pm CST on February 8th, 2019. To ensure prize use is guaranteed, an alternate winner will be drawn and contacted if no response by email is received by the first prize winner within 48 hours.
All submitted photos will be uploaded to the Prince Albert Winter Festival website and Facebook pages for public viewing. WinterScape photos of finalists will be used in future Prince Albert Winter Festival promotions.
- The Prince Albert Winter Festival Society reserve the non-exclusive rights to use any of the images submitted for any future internal or external communications, advertising, reports, marketing and online or print commercial applications for future promotions associated with Prince Albert Winter Festival events.
- The chances of being selected as a prize draw winner and/or winning a contest category through public voting is dependent on the number of eligible submissions received and the number of people voting
Limitation of Liability
- The Prince Albert Winter Festival Society is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any contest-related materials, or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries.
- The Prince Albert Winter Festival Society is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the photo contest, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the photo contest.
- If, for any reason, the photo contest is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Prince Albert Winter Festival Society that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the photo contest, the Prince Albert Winter Festival Society reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the photo contest.
Personal information is being collected by this program under the Authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act and will be used for administrative purposes of the Prince Albert Winter Festival WinterScape Photo Contest, to contact winners for the prize draw, and to notify recipients of the WinterScape Awards. Names and contact information provided will be used to verify entry information, to distribute awards, and to credit persons whose material is selected for publication where photo credit permission has been given by the photographer. If you have any questions concerning FOIP please contact Prince Albert Winter Festival Publicity Director at 306-960-4290. For program-related inquiries, please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com
Natural Art Scape